1. New Job: I officially clean toilets for a living…well that and a lot of other things. I finally got a new job working at a hotel in housekeeping. At first for me it was just a foot in the door in the hotel industry. A way to make connections. But over the course of the month I’ve really come to enjoy it and I’m happy with where I am. Quitting my old job felt liberating and freeing, not to mention better for my health both physically (my ankle sprain finally got to heal properly) and mentally (I’m so way less stressed. No more anxiety attacks on a daily basis). Did I mention I love cleaning. I have definitely seen a positive change since starting.
2. Binbrook Fair: My sister and I had some fall fun a few weeks ago, we decided to indulge and go to one of our local fall fairs. We definitely had a blast despite missing the demolition derby. We saw some really cute animals…the piglets were the cutest, and had a lot of fun riding the rides and eating funnel cake.
3. Readdiction to WoW: with the release of the expansion of World of Warcraft on August 30th, its been a fun month playing in Legion and attempting with my work schedule to get to level 110. Still only at 106. I will get there eventually.
4. New Hangout: I joined one of my very good friends at a local coffeeshop/pub/openmic place….not really sure what to call it….well lets just call it a hangout. Where I sat and supported my friend as she sang three songs. She was great. I definitely need to go back and try the coffee…and attend some of their other events. They have lit readings and stuff. Really cool.
6 Songs that Were Popular on My Playlist
1. The Sound of Silence – Disturbed
2. Comin Home by City and Color
3. Lost Boy by Ruth B
4. Glycerin by Bush
5. Dark Paradise by Lana Del Rey
6. Goodbye by Jessica Lowandes
Top 3 Books I Read This Month
I read a total of 6 books this month!
1. Into the Light by Kathryn Ascher – I was really impressed with this third installment of her Rocky Creek Series, and it has been by far my favorite in the series. I really can’t wait to see what the future will hold for this series. Stay tuned for my review releasing in the next few weeks.
2. Game of Love by Melissa Foster – This was a sweet little whirlwind of a love story. I’m definitely going to check out the rest of the series.
3. November Sky by Marleen Reichenburg – New author love here, it was really interesting to read, because the story takes place in Europe. It was also translated to English from German. Definitely interested in reading other works by this author.
Most Popular Review This Month
Unfortunately I didn’t post any reviews during the month of September
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read This Month
…”you’re laughing at my advanced age?” He grinned as he sat at her bent knees. She shook her head. “No, I’m laughing at the idea that you think you’re old.”… …”You’re not old,” she whispered, inching toward him as she did. “I wouldn’t kiss an old man.”…
From, Into the Light by Kathryn Ascher
3 New Obsessions
1. Victoria – A new television series, about the young Queen Victoria and her life and story. It’s been really good so far. I can’t wait to see where it goes from here.
2. World of Warcraft: Legion – WoW isn’t really a new obsession but Legion is, I’ve enjoyed playing and I can’t wait to see end game content when I get there…if I’ll ever get there.
3. Tumblr…well Simblr – I recently got back into Tumblr after taking a break from Studyblring…after finally graduating from school last June. Now I’m all about my Simblr and playing both Sims 3 & 4…finally now that I fixed my Origin problem as well as my computer problem.
4 Things I’m Looking Forward to In October
1. Novel Planning for NaNoWriMo – Thats right, it’s almost time for NaNoWriMo, I’m excited as I am every year. This year I’m going for a planning approach and have already started planning. Heres to hoping this method will work out.
2. Apple and Pumpkin Picking – As always I hope this year I’ll get to go apple picking and pumpkin picking. I love fall and all it has to offer with its colors, and smells. Not to mention its finally sweater and scarf weather. I’ve already broken them out.
3. Halloween – I’m hoping to actually go out and do something this year. Last year was a dud and no kids came to the house.
4. TV Shows – Grey’s Anatomy is finally back as well as The Strain, but I’m still waiting for The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and now since it ended in the summer…and won’t be back until next summer Last Ship. Are there any other shows out there I should be into?
Overall I feel September wasn’t a really productive month blog wise for me, mostly because I got busy with training for my new job and it was super busy. Lets hope thing will be more productive in October.
Twenty something young, Canadian, tourism & travel student, lover of books; preferably sappy romance, young adult, supernatural or fantasy genre, book reviewer, gamer girl, Sims 3 and World of Warcraft fanatic.
View all posts by 0crazyantics0