Monthly Rewind is a monthly meme featured here on Crazy Antics where I post at the end or the beginning of the month, a recap of the happenings in my life, the blog ect. and what I look forward to in the coming month. Monthly Rewind is my spin on Jamie @ Perpetual Page-Turner ‘s Monthly Recap
So June was a pretty quiet month in my life, I think I focused a lot more of my time on the blog than on other things which is a good thing. I’ve been working on planning, and organizing to keep posts on schedule and regular. I’ve missed one or two like my latest Sunday post, I ended up posting it the following Monday. But other than that I’ve seen a real difference and I hope I can continue to keep up the good work.
I have been in a bit of a reading rut, most of it was to do with a review that I had to write that took me forever. I didn’t want to start another book without completing the review for fear of not remembering the book. But the review is now written and I can continue to read and write. I’m hoping to read a crap ton and continue to post a crap ton.
Four Things About My Life This Month
1. My Birthday – I celebrated my birthday on June 3rd. It was a quiet occasion, but I didn’t have to work it so I’m happy. I didn’t have a cake but I still saw family and got gifts, truth be told we were pretty busy that week and never got around to buying one. That’s okay, I’ll make up for it next year.
2. I learned how to save! – I’m pretty proud of myself, I had to save for my tuition deposit, it was for once paid on time and out of my own pocket. The last year since I was out of a job was borrowing from the parents until osap finally came in in September and January to pay them back. This year I managed to scrounge and save every penny, to make sure the payment was on time and accounted for. I’m really happy that I didn’t have to pay the $150.00 late fee, that would have sucked. I mean it means less I have to pay for later but more that I have to drop now. It already sucked that they bumped the price up by $100.00 bucks, but the good thing is, is that I don’t have to pay another fee in January like I had to last year.
3. Game of Thrones – The “death/betrayal” that shocked me the most – Jon Snow. I don’t believe he died though, and I have a theory that he may in fact be a Targaryen. There will be a post on this theory coming soon.
4. Learning something new – I decided that I wanted to teach myself something new, and so I’m teaching myself how to code (html & css) so that I can make my own blog design or at least apply what I’ve learned to take a template and change things to make it look better with blogger. This may mean that a site transfer will be happening in the future. < I haven’t decided yet. I mean I didn’t like blogger before because I felt so limited behind the scenes and creatively. Learning to code opens up doors for me to expand my creativity and turn what Crazy Antics has become into something better. I like most of wordpress’ features including the built in follower system ect. and I would love to go professional and take it one step further to make Crazy Antics that much better, unfortunately on my measly student income, it’s not in the budget at least not until I’ve graduated which is a whole year away and who knows if I’ll still be doing book reviews. I hope I am but I can’t tell the future. So blogger being the free option with doors opening would seem like the best route to go. I’d love anyone’s opinions on this, it would be really helpful and much appreciated.
Six Songs I Listened to This Month
1. Angel by Theory of a Deadman
2. Waiting Game by Banks
3. Be Yourself by Audioslave
4. Wicked Game by Philip Philips
5. I Will Return by Skylar Grey
6. When the Stars Go Blue by Ryan Adams
Books I Read This Month
Most Popular Review This Month
Favourite Quote From A Book I Read This Month
“You don’t know how strong something is until you test it” – The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
Five Most Popular Posts Overall This Month
1. HTML & CSS – I’m learning to code!!
Three Things I’m Looking Forward to Next Month
1. Racing and fireworks event in Cayuga at Toronto Motorsport Park – I’m really excited to see the races and events. It will be my first time at one of these events. I will be taking lots of pictures.
2. Port Dover – Anniversary! We are hopefully returning to Port Dover where our relationship first started. I’m super excited!
3. Getting closer to September – I have a small confession to make: I can’t wait for school to start back up. With so much time on my hands I find I’m not as productive because I procrastinate because I have so much time to do things, so things end up slipping because I’m not busy. Does that even make sense? I’m much more productive when I have a million things to juggle. Crap just gets done that way.