The Liebster award is a chain award that was created by bloggers and is a tradition to make new friends in the blogging community.
So I was recently nominated by Summer @ Xingsings, for this lovely blog award. Thank you so much for the nomination. I’ve really come to like my place in the blogging community, it’s become like a second family. I’m also really proud of the direction in which my blog is heading. Never when I first started did I realize where this would take me. So again thank you!!
Now for the rules:
– Link back to the person who nominated you
– Give 11 random facts about yourself
– Answer 11 questions from your nominator
– Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers
– Come up with 11 questions for them to answer
– Inform your nominees
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I can read backward sentences and sentences with words that are scrambled without having to write them proper first
2. I can write with both left hand and right hand, though I use my left hand most of the time
3. My obsession for collecting things isn’t limited to books, I also have an obsession for purses and shoes
4. No one has ever been allowed to read what I’ve written for my books because I haven’t finished writing them yet. If someone manages to read what I’ve written I start to lose interest in the project
5. I don’t like confrontation
6. I like rewriting my notes until I deem them neat and to perfection. I hate messy notes. Of course this doesn’t work for my genealogy notes.
7. I sometimes feel like I’m the worlds biggest procrastinator when I have lots of time on my hands. When I’m really busy I seem to manage to stop procrastinating and get stuff done. < Since I’ve been out of a job and have tons of time to spare I seem to procrastinate alot.
8. I love sticky notes!
9. I have not yet mastered how to promote my facebook page for the blog.
10. I like to learn new things. When my school semester ends and I have twenty weeks of summer until the fall I’ll be taking free courses online to learn about new things.
11. I change my mind alot about alot of things. This blog for instance in the decision between blogger or wordpress, wordpress eventually won.
11 10 Questions from my nominator
What is the meaning behind your blog name/title (e.g. mine is xingsings)?
The idea kind of came out of my writing hobby, it spins out from the ideas in my head, that sort of thing. I always have random, sometimes crazy thoughts in my head.
What inspired you to begin blogging?
My mom actually. I read alot, and though I didn’t originally begin doing reviews, I did reading challenges. She thought I should do a video blog, and record me talking about books that I read, but me being a tad anti-social, shy and totally not photogenic I started typing out my reviews and sharing them.
What are your top three favorite books?
I don’t think I could narrow it down to just three so instead I’ll narrow the question down to my top three favorite books I’ve reviewed.
Motorcycle Man by Kirsten Ashley – I got into Kirsten Ashley books after the book store clerk recommended her, I’ve loved her since I read her the first book of hers that I picked up, but this book is one of my absolute favorites.
Nora Roberts Land by Ava Miles – this was a amazon freebie that became a victim to my click happy fingers. That one click-button on Amazon is my weakness, it allows me to end up with more than one book when looking for my next read. I love free books especially ones that turn out to be hidden gems like this one and I also LOVE Nora Roberts.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – I only got into the book series after I started watching the TV series and couldn’t wait to figure out what happens. I had always wanted to read the series but my mother argued that it was boring and too in depth detail while my grandmother praised the books high and low, I was torn but I’m glad I did eventually read it. I’m now currently reading the second novel in the series.
What is your favorite movie? (I suppose you can list a couple if it’s difficult to choose.)
Is it possible not to have a favourite movie?
What time of day is your favorite?
I’d have to say night time, I’m a bit of a night owl. I’m the most productive in the middle of the night while the city sleeps.
What is the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
I think it would have to be that time I walked barefoot across the top of a waterfall, with water rushing down. It was definitely thrilling!
What are your biggest fears?
That I will fail at life…I’ve had some ups and downs getting to where I am today, and I constantly feel that I’m a little behind in life, mostly because I wasted a year and then I failed out my first time in college due to personal things and stress.
What are some of your hobbies (other than the ones you discuss and share on your blog, for instance don’t mention reading if you are a book blog)?
Well I write fiction…I don’t have any published works but I’ll get there eventually. I also like to game out…alot.
Do you judge people that mix up “your” and “you’re”?
Are you kidding? I’m a writer and even I have gone through to edit my stuff and have found this mistake more than once. We’re all human, were allowed to make mistakes.
(Like my last Liebster award, I am going to test your creativity and add this —>) There is going to be a zombie unicorn apocalypse. The closest thing to you is your weapon. What is it and how would you use it to defend yourself?
The thing sitting beside me is a piece of paper and an empty pop can. I guess I would hope to get close enough to inflict a serious paper cut and head severing and come out unscathed. If that didn’t work I’d use the empty pop can to do some serious head bashing.
And again, 11 questions is throwing me off! So, thank you for participating, and congratulations on being a Liebster nominee! Have a great day! ^.^
The blogs I’d like to nominate
Meghan @ Megs Reads
Inspired By Books
Amanada Jayne @ Ajbookreviewclub
Margaux @ Margauxreads
Angel @ The Bookish Angel
Nicole @ Awayinneverland
Georgie @ Geos Book Blog
Erika @ Rickus Bookshelf
Questions for my nominees:
1. Have you read any books recently by an author whose new to you?
2. Is there a single item, a treasured possession that you never leave the house without?
3. The typical physical book vs ebook vs audio book debate, which do you prefer?
4. What is one place you’ve always wanted to travel to? (This can either be a fictional or non fictional place)
5. Favourite quote from a book you’ve read recently?
6. Which book genre do you prefer above all others?
7. Which author would be your best friend?
8. If you could pick an era to live in which one would you choose?
9. Do you have any bookish habits?
10. How do you organize your books?
11. Who is your favorite book character and why?
Congratulations to the nominees, I look forward to seeing your answers!!