Monday Musings, is a weekly meme originally hosted by Jenn @ A Daily Rhythm, where we muse about one of the following:
– Describe one of your reading habits
– Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else and why you chose that/those books
– What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it
– Tell us what your reading right now – what you think of it; so far, why you chose it; what are or aren’t you enjoying about it
– Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us
– Instead of the above questions, maybe you want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books
So this week I’m going to share another one of my crazy reading habits. Though it happens before I even start to read the book.
For me this reading habit is part of my purchasing process of physical books. Before I buy a book if I’m not solid about buying it, I’ll read the last chapter of the novel. If I don’t like what I find in the ending, then I’ll put the book back on the shelf and walk away and I won’t end up purchasing the book.
I’ve found that all the books I’ve liked the ending of, bought and read have been amazing. Their books that I’ll reread over and over again.
Something weird about this is, that my great-great grandmother apparently who was a school teacher, used to do the same. She used to read the last chapter and if she didn’t like the ending she knew it wasn’t going to be a book she’d enjoy.
Anyways guys, thats my muse for this week. What’s yours?